Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Week 18

Compatriot Human Persons,
Well I have now spent a full three changes in Lomas de Solymar and I am being transfered. I am going to the city of Melo to an area called Colón. Para que sepáis Melo is way out in the campo close to Brazil. It is pretty much the farthest away you can get from Montevideo in the mission, like an eight hour bus ride so I will probably get there late tomorrow night. I am going to be companions with this guy called Elder Cortez. Now you might be thinking "Wow he is finally going to get a Latino comp and learn spanish" but think again. Elder Caudle who was in the offices as a financier and knows everbodys account history says that his first name is Jason and he is from Americaland. There you go. He might be wrong though so we will see what happens.
We got a new investigator this week! It was just this woman we talked to in the street a few weeks ago named Judith. We passed by her house last week and she let us in to teach her. That was a huge surprise and relief. I feel good about that. We did an epic contact this week. We were just walking down the street when all of a sudden I saw the form of a large beautiful friendly red canine creature in somebody's yard. I thought " Could It be?" I walked over and patted its head. I realized that yes it was! I rang the door bell. A woman walked out. I said excuse me but your dog is a Rhodesian Ridgeback, and I adore Rhodesian Ridgebacks. She responded oh yeah they are the best dogs ever they are so friendly and kind and attractive. ANd I said yeah they are I totally need to find one when I get back to my country. By the way  have you ever talked to missionaries? Yeah but I don't believe in anything. I love this country.
We have spent the last couple of days going around saying goodbye to people. That is kind of sad, but lomas will be in good hands. Well I love you guys, have a great week.
Lagomorph of the week: Liebre
Quotable quote of the week: ¡EEh Che Vos Washington! Nos vemos.- Hermano Soba



1: Me enjoying the color yellow



2: Elder Caudle, like most people, not enjoying the campo as much as me



3: Me despediring myself with zone leaders Valqui and Mcmillan

No comments:

Post a Comment