Monday, March 6, 2017

week 19ish

Good Morning Everbody!
Wow a lot of stuff has happened this week. I think I will just start from the beggining. I spent My last day or so in Lomas packing and saying goodbye to some folks. It was kind of sad to say good bye to Victor because I will probably never see him again, but he made us chileno completos to say good by. Let me tell you I used to never like hot dogs but they do them right in south america. In the morning a van picked me up to go to tres cruces bus terminal where got on a bus to Melo. It was pretty great because I got to sit on the top floor right in the front where there is a window to give a panoramic veiw of the countryside. Uruguay is so beuatiful I almost wanted to cry a few times. A lot of it looks just like kentucky. A lot of it looks nothing like Kentucky. I saw a number of ñandu on the way, which are like emu but not. I think they are the largest bird in the americas.
It turns out my new comp Elder Cortez is actually from Beni, Bolivia, so Elder Caudle was confused. We get a long really great, mostly because he is hard working and pretty funny and we think a lot a like. He has 13 months on the mission, so about halfway through. I like my new house as well. It has two stories and separate tables for studying and eating which is a nice change of pace. The only problems are that there are bedbugs in Elder Cortez's matress and also I am taller than most of the door frames so I keep hitting the top of my head on them. Our area, Colón is the most urban part of Melo, so we have the center and stuff. It is quite a change because there are actually a lot of stores, and food carts here and things like that. I have had some really good food. Lechón is great except for the foot and the little hairs. Uruguayo mexican food is actually less mexican than american mexican food, or even tex mex. It is fig season here, so I get to enjoy sweet of fig. It is divine with ice cream.
We have a number of investigators and people to teach. Folks here are more receptive so it is a nice change of pace. Two of our investigators have baptismal dates but we will see what happens.
The ward is also pretty good to us. There are about 100 active members, and 400 inactive members, and Melo isn't that big. We have some work to do. I got to present myself in church on sunday but it was kind of ugly because I need to talk more slowly and think about what I want to say. We also have a tomato garden in the little outside space behind our house.
Well thanks for listening and have a great week.
Elder Christensen





1) Me with my eyes closed, Elder Cortez, And brain damage waiting to happen



2) A horse



3) some campo

No comments:

Post a Comment