Tuesday, January 17, 2017

week 12 finally

Hola gente,
First of all on wednesday I am done with training! I am going to stop being an oro and start being a real missionary! i am super excited, although now i fi do anything wrong it is my fault and not my trainer's. By the way we our changes. Elder Lockhart is going over to be district leader in Rocha in a branch called Uno A. He is super excited because he is going to live in a six Elder house with all of his "homies". It is going to be super fun for him. So here is what's happening to me. I am staying in Lomas ( de Solymar) and a guy named Elder Caudle is coming to be my comp and the new district leader. All I really know about him is that he has been the mission financier for a while and he likes to wear a scarf. I was actually super surprised that I am getting another gringo comp, like " how am I ever going to learn spanish?¿?¿?¿" But I realizedd it's what the Lord wants so it is cool.
We also had two baptisms this past saturday. The first was a woman named Patricia. She was an investigator of Elder Lockhart and Elder Bravo three changes ago, and then she went to Rio de Jainero for a couple months. Well she came back and we went to visit her and she said " I had a baptismal date didn't I? so just over the course of the past few weeks she gained a testimony of the truthfulness of the  Book of Mormon and converted herself. It is a beautiful thing. THe second was a guy named Michel and he was a total surprise. He is the husband  of a woman in our ward named Natalia and he was completely atheist but he would always walk Natalia to church because she is blind. Well we got a call from Natalia last tuesday and she said " hey Michel wants to get baptized" and we were like what? So we went over there and we asked Michel why he wanted to get baptized, and he said he realized that the fact that his daughter was born completely healthy is a miracle and a blessing and he wants to get sealed in the temple with his family. So we were like " cool, well you can get baptized this saturday if you want" and he was like " yeah ok" so we went over every day to get all the required lessons taught, and it worked because he already knew everything. Busy week.
One day I realized that my hair was too long. Elder Lockhart had cut the sides before a couple of time and did a really good job, so i asked him if he could take about a third off of the top and he said " oh yeah sure of course." So I sit down and the he just starts going at it with the clippers and i was like "Este..." and then he was like " oh hey I think I cut it a bit too short, but I mean you have too get at least a few bad hair cuts on the mission, and i mean it doesn't really look too bad" and I was like "Este...". But it is growing out pretty fast so all is good.
Quotable quote of the week: ¡No soy Vos¡ Yo soy Usted. -Victor
Verb of the week: Lloviznar
Marine mammal of the week: Marsopa


1:Us and Michel



 2: Us, Elder Bravo, and Patricia



3: The 'Strict



4: Me and Super Griddo



5: Another one of those birds

No comments:

Post a Comment