Monday, February 13, 2017

Week 16

Happy February!

Well I don't really have a lot to say this week. I guess the first thing is that today I hit my five month mark! Exactly five months ago in september I was probably on a plane somewhere over the gulf of Mexico. That means that in another month I will be a quarter of the way done with the mission. Crazy stuff. Crazy crazy stuff. Also this week on wednesday is my mom's birthday. If you see her, wish her a happy birthday. The weather this week has been much cooler. You can actually go outside and it is nice and you don't feel like surviving untill the end of the day will be a miracle. I don't think that is an end of summer trend though, it will probably get really hot again soon. As far as missionary experiences, this week we were teaching this 79 year old espaƱol named Manuel, the plan of salvation, and he was telling us how he didn't want to take more of our time, and we said " just one more thing" and we bore our testimonies about how in God's perfect plan families can be together forever, and then it got really quiet, and the tone of the room changed, and he started showing us pictures of his wife who died in her fifties and thanking us for coming and taking the time to share things like that with people like him. Pretty cool stuff.
This week I tried Celestial Mate for the first time. More on that later. I also filled a Mate with cocoa husks and drank that. It was pretty amazing, but don't put sugar in or the yummy bitter cocoa will fight the sugar and it won't be very good unless you use milk to moderate the flavors. I want to throw out a peice of advice to anyone preparing to go on a mission. Spend as much time as you can developing your skills. I have observed that almost anything can be used in furthering the mission work in some way, art skills, music skills cooking skills, lo que sea. I feel like the only skill I brought to the mission is willingness to walk ten miles a day every day, but we aren't called to walk we are called to teach repentance and baptize converts, so it would be cool to have some other skills as well. Enjoy the end of winter and I will enjoy the end of summer. Bye.



1) Celestial mate- Step one: fill the mate with shredded coconut and cinamon. Step two: pour in sugary milk. Step three: achieve nirvana.



2) A couple of Mormons I took a picture of.

No comments:

Post a Comment